Sunday, October 21, 2007

Yana Gupta

Yana Gupta
The girl who shook Bollywood with her jhatkas in her item number, “ Babuji ”, Yana Gupta won her ‘Hottest Veggie’ crown in 2003. She posed as a mermaid in an ad. The Czech-born model urged people to go vegetarian with a sexy line “Try to relate to who is on your plate, Fish Are Friends, Not Food’. She endorses a vegetarian diet as being good for the health, the animals, the environment and for the taste buds

From Sify Movies comes this article about how a Bollywood movie star in India relies on coconut paste and coconut water to keep her beauty (now I've heard everything):

What happens when 'Bijli' meets 'pani'? Well, you get a shock. With Czech-born supermodel Yana Gupta soaking up coconut water, audiences are certainly in for an electrifying experience.

Gorgeous Gupta, who is gearing up to do yet another item number after her sizzling appearances in 'Dum' and 'Rakth', says 'Nariyal Pani' (Coconut water) and 'Nariyal ki Chatni' (Coconut paste) are the two most important ingredients of her sex appeal.

Model turned actress Yana Gupta is among the sexy sirens of Bollywood. Her curvy figure and porcelain skin makes everyone crazy about her. Tagged as an Item girl, Yana reveals secrets of her beauty and health.

Being a health conscious person, Yana follows a certain diet. "I eat only fresh and raw food. My diet consists of a lot of vegetables, fruits and juices. Being a strict vegetarian, I don't even touch any non-vegetarian food."

When it comes to body Yana completely believes in work out. "Exercise is a part of my daily routine. Apart from that, I make it a point to be very active. You must sweat it out, as the body gets rid of toxins and keeps the heart healthy too".

Yana prefers to have juices rather than coffee or milk. "I drink carrot, cucumber and apple juice. Coconut water is something that I have to drink everyday. It has so many minerals. I prefer drinking lots of water everyday."

Revealing her beauty secrets, Yana says she trusts only on branded cosmetics. "I moisturize my skin regularly and don't use soap. I recommend people to use something mild on their face, if they wash it frequently. For make-up I stick to Lakme products mostly."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lakme divas

Lakme’s face and India’s top model Yana Gupta shares her style secrets and beauty tips.

I like to Wear
To Work

Jeans or track pants, shirts, and sneakers. If it’s a formal meeting for which I need to dress up it will be skirt, or jeans, top- comfortable, not too loud and not too tight, with jeans. Or a skirt with top and boots.

To Party
Jeans and any kind of good looking but still comfortable top.

To Shopping
Anything what I have on. I don't plan my dress up for shopping. So jeans or sport clothes.

My Favourite Accessories
Earrings (big ones with lots of colors), Junk jewelry and my Dior watches


My Favourite Cosmetics
Lakme's golden glow, and red and gold eye shadows. And Lakme’s new range of nail paints are great, because they dry fast and stay on for a surprisingly long time.


My Favourite Perfumes
Gucci- Rush, Christian Dior- Dolce Vita, Emporio Armani- Elle/She


My Favourite Designers
Manish Malhotra, Rocky S, John Galliano, Versace


My favourite shopping haunts
Fab India, Couch potato, Linen closet, Nike, Pepe


What I always carry in my Handbag
Cell phone, money, Lakme lip balm and lip gloss, keys, diary, sun glasses, and a hair brush


My quick Beauty tips
Clean your skin often…the pollution and dust kills.


Eat healthy…my diet includes fruits and vegetables, and lots of juices—one of my favorites is carrot and beetroot juice. I am now a vegetarian and off dairy products. I take soya milk instead. I do not eat later than 8 p.m. unless it is a fruit or salad.

Sleep a lot.. I always try to go to sleep as early as I can.

Exercise and Beauty
To me, exercise gives a lot of energy and even a kind of excitement in life... in between all those thousand other things My advice:


Choose a form of exercise that you really enjoy. It doesn't have to be cardio or weight training; it could simply be jumping on a trampoline or dancing...

Half an hour a day of any activity stimulates your lymph system, which in turn helps your body to get rid of the toxins.

My Relaxation Techniques
All I do is close my eyes and breathe deeply. Being close to nature also has a very calming influence on me. I try to meditate daily (for about an hour), and do yoga and taichi (occasionally).


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being veggie changed my life & my body

Yana Gupta has been looking better than ever these days. The formerly strictly vegetarian model/item girl has lost weight thanks to her change in diet which now includes fish and meat!

We asked Yana Gupta on what it takes to maintain a body like hers and this is what she had to say:

"I started cutting down on meat when I was 16. Then I came to India at 21 and stopped eating meat completely and I actually started to put on weight. I wasn't having balanced meals, they contained too many carbs. I wanted to lose the extra weight I had on but I didn't suspect there was any problem with the food I was eating. I thought that I had to eat less and diet. I was always a healthy eater but I found that in spite of eating what I thought was right and exercising I was also falling ill regularly so I finally went to the doctor who told me I wasn't eating a balanced diet and had to include more protein because my immunity was getting affected. Once you become a vegetarian, it's hard to start eating meat again but I was very weak and sick so I started slowly eating fish again and I found I was becoming healthier and stronger. It's been two years since. I still don't eat red meats. It's only fish that I eat often and chicken once in a while.

Since I have started eating non vegetarian food, I've lost weight because now my meals are balanced. I'm feeling healthy and don't fall sick anymore. A lot of my vegetarian friends have weight problems. People who haven't seen me in a while come up to me and exclaim "Oh my God look how much weight you've lost!"

Breakfast

I have a yogurt shake in the morning with fruits and nuts. I blend yogurt with papaya, some flax seeds, desiccated coconut, a little banana and some honey. The combination of fruits and nuts varies from day to day. I just love fruits and coconut.

I tried to have eggs whites in the morning but I feel they do not suit my body as they are quite heavy. Because I go to the gym in the morning, I like to keep my breakfast light. That's why I like my shake because it is liquid but substantial and it digests fast.

Lunch
I usually have lots of raw food. Lunch consists of a big mixed salad with lots of different ingredients like almonds, walnuts and fresh vegetables. I also have salmon in the salad generally or at the side and a small portion of brown rice. I put in some extra virgin olive oil because fat is necessary for a healthy diet. I used to completely avoid all fat because everyone would say that if you don't get fat you lose weight but that is all rubbish! Fat is necessary for our brains to function, for healthy nails, skin and hair.

For my third meal of the day I stick to a salad or some fruit with yogurt dressing. I love salads and fruit and I don't mind eating the same thing over and over again.

Dinner time
I avoid eating protein in the night because it takes at least three hours to digest. If I eat late like at 10 o'clock then I have a light dinner of vegetable salad or a soup. I don't eat heavy carbohydrates in the evening. The only exception is fruits because I can't do without them. Even eating fruits at night isn't a good idea but I eat them. Ideally I would like to have my dinner at 8 but it never happens so I eat at around 9.

Fitness Regime:
"I go to the gym seven days a week." I go to the gym regularly: one hour a day, seven days a week. There's no such thing as a Sunday for me. I enjoy working out because I have a certain schedule everyday and exercising helps me start my day.

If I miss a work out I really feel bad so I try to go habitually. If I have to shoot or travel in the mornings I try to push it till noon or I get up as early as 5 AM just to make it for my work out.

I basically do alternate days of cardio and weight training. I change my routine depending on how I am feeling. Like if I have a lot on my mind I will just do cardio to think about stuff. Or sometimes I want to listen to music so I'll keep doing only one thing. It's important to have cardio as well as weight training because it increases the metabolism.

Food Habits:
I don't have carbonated drinks and white sugar. I haven't touched it for years unless I go crazy for an ice cream once in a while. Carbonated and sugary drinks are a strict no for me. I don't eat any refined or processed foods. I make sure I eat complex carbs like whole wheat and multigrain chapattis and brown rice to get lots of fiber in my diet. I eat a minimum of four meals a day. Ideally five meals are best of the body but when I don't get time because of travelling and work I make do with four.

The best way to keep one's weight in check is by keeping the insulin levels in the blood constant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ZECH BORN INDIAN MODEL YANA GUPTA INNERMOST BEAUTY SECRETS:

Model turned actress Yana Gupta is among the sexy sirens of Bollywood. Her curvy figure and porcelain skin makes everyone crazy about her. Tagged as an Item girl, Yana reveals secrets of her beauty and health. Being a health conscious person, Yana follows a certain diet. "I eat only fresh and raw food. My diet consists of a lot of vegetables, fruits and juices. Being a strict vegetarian, I don't even touch any non-vegetarian food," she said.

When it comes to body Yana completely believes in work out. "Exercise is a part of my daily routine. Apart from that, I make it a point to be very active. You must sweat it out, as the body gets rid of toxins and keeps the heart healthy too," she said.

Yana prefers to have juices rather than coffee or milk. "I drink carrot, cucumber and apple juice. Coconut water is something that I have to drink everyday. It has so many minerals. I prefer drinking lots of water everyday," she said.

Revealing her beauty secrets, Yana says she trusts only on branded cosmetics. I moisturize my skin regularly and don't use soap. I recommend people to use something mild on their face, if they wash it frequently. For make-up I stick to Lakme products mostly.

Yoga - the natural body workout:

To attain a well-rounded body, it’s essential to exercise religiously without any long breaks. By that I don’t mean hitting the gym all day long but improving the flexibility of the body naturally. I practice yoga and other simple stretching exercises that are more fruitful than pumping iron in the gym. Very few people are aware of this, but certain yogic aasans are excellent for hair, as they activate blood circulation in that area and keep the tresses strong and luster-rich! The best exercise for great hair is to stand upside-down with the head facing the ground. At least that works like magic for me.

Diet essentials:

I follow a balanced diet that is a right mix of carbohydrates, proteins and vitamins. Eating small portions of meals five to six times a day is also equally vital. Consuming gallops of food at a go can prove detrimental. Also remember, there should be no limit to your water-intake. I make sure I drink lots of water on a daily basis.

Skin secrets:

An easy path to flawless skin is sweating it out. It’s very important for the pores of the skin to open up and respire. That’s exactly what happens when the body sweats. Our skin also reflects what we eat, therefore, include as much of raw fruits and green vegetables in your diet as possible. Natural fluids like coconut water and plain lukewarm water also work wonders for me.

Avoid direct sun exposure:

Since its peak summer these days, I steer clear off tanning in the sun. Try and avoid direct expose under direct sun as far as possible. Over exposure of direct UV rays are lethal for your skin. Use a high quality sunscreen lotion half and hour before you step out.

Natural oils:

Even a soothing body massage with natural oils, like virgin olive oil can prove very reinvigorating. A gentle oil massage on a regular basis is indispensable for hair as it provides excellent nutrition to the roots. I massage my hair with natural oils twice a week and make sure the oil is rinsed off completely.


Mane magic:

The beauty products you apply are of utmost importance in the long run. So use a good-quality mild shampoo for daily use. Because the weather conditions in Mumbai are so sultry and humid, I shampoo my hair daily. I also make it a point to use a rich conditioner after I am done with shampooing. If you want great hair, try consuming as many raw almonds and walnuts during the course of day as possible. They help increase the tensile strength of hair. Lastly, to avoid bad-hair-days and split-ends, you must go for a monthly trim.

Even

No comments: