Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Dipannita Sharma

Top model, actress, and ramp scorcher Dipannita Sharma shares her beauty & fashion secrets.

The Assamese beauty graduated in history from Delhi University. After winning the Miss Photogenic title in Femina Miss India-1997 Dipannita moved to Mumbai and since then she has pursued several advertising, acting and ramp assignments. "Modeling has given me a lot, made me confident and gained me attention. I am truly indebted to it and the people who helped me achieve great heights in this field,'' says the lissome beauty. She shares with Lakmeindia.com her beauty and fashion tips.

My Morning Beauty Regimen:

Drinking atleast two to three glasses of lukewarm water and applying a morning cream.

My Quick Beauty Tip

To remove kajal dip a cotton bud in baby oil. Typically most women remove foundation and lipstick and have little patience to remove stubborn kajal. Removing it with cotton buds dipped in baby oil is a simple, easy and effective way.

Must-haves in my Handbag

A lip conditioner, deodorant and a small mirror.

My Salon/ Spa Routine

I pamper myself with fruit wraps at select spas. Once a month I visit Lakme Beauty Salon, Juhu for a facial. Kanta Motwani of Kromakay cuts and styles my hair. A hair wash and deep conditioning treatment at a salon also figures on my list of must-dos every month.

My Favorite Cosmetics

Lakme kajal stick, Lakme brown lip liners and Lakme neutral nail paints. I cannot live without my SPF 15 Biotherm sunscreen. I use it before I apply makeup so it keeps my skin supple and smooth. However if I am in Goa on the beach, then I simply cant do without my Banana Boat SPF 50 which provides waterproof protection from the sun to exposed skin.

Clothes I'm most comfortable in

During the day I am most comfortable in a jeans and a t-shirt, or a shirt with jeans. Often, I wear a bohemian skirt with a simple top. For evenings out, I wear a formal dark top with jeans or trousers

Favorite Shopping Destinations


In Mumbai, I love the Crossroads shopping mall-- simply because there are so many stores offering a variety of merchandise under one roof. I also visit the Infinity Mall in Andheri (West) because it is close to my home. I pick most of my jewellery from the Tibetan market in Kolkata

My Favorite Designers

If its a daywear formal meeting I'd pick a Narendra Kumar linen dress or shirt and trouser, for a formal evening I'd wear a vibrant Satya Paul saree, for a festive occasion I would pick a Suneet Verma Indo-western ensemble or a Sabyasachi saree

My Wardrobe Favorites

A green cotton dress from Zara, an off-white shirt and off-white skirt by Ritu Kumar, a rust linen jacket cum dress by Narendra Kumar and an orange and pink sequins work saree by Suneet Verma

My Style Advice

Every woman should be well aware of her body structure and features-- her strengths and her flaws- if you recognize your flaws, it is always much easier to pick the right outfit, the right innerwear, the right accessories and the right make-up. Don't get swayed by fashion trends-- wear what makes you beautiful and what brings out your best features.

No comments: