Saturday, October 20, 2007

Simone Singh

She entered the small screen with an English soap – A Mouthful of Sky – and shot to fame with the tear-jerker Heena. Being Cyrus is fetching rave reviews and Kosmic Chat has been popular for quite some time now. She is an actor who self-confessedly wants to keep away from the rat race, unaware that she still is a star with top-of-mind recall value. Porcelain beauty Simone Singh shares with IMAGES BoF her love for quirky brands.

Casual Comfort

I love wearing dresses or draw string pyjamas with shirts or t-shirts at home. Comfort fabrics like linen and jersey are my choice for casuals. I have a lot of shirts from Mango. I have grown up wearing Levi's jeans and still love them, especially the low waist ones. Earlier, I used to like a pair of Earl jeans but now I have outgrown them. My current favourites are shredded jeans from DKNY, 7 for All Mankind and Dior. I also wear lots of Indian designerwear. I like Wendell Rodricks' clothes as they are very comfortable and glamourous. Priyadarshini Rao's skirts and tees are lovely and I also love Cue by Rohit Gandhi. Sabina Singh's Horn Ok collection is eye catching and very tongue in cheek while Abraham & Thakore's garments are elegant and chic.

Formal Tucks

My style is to mix n’ match and personalise whatever I wear. Usually I take two different elements like a huge piece of jewellery and an outfit and combine it to make it dressy. On formal occasions I wear dresses, skirts, trousers and team it up with dressy tops and jackets from Mango and Armani.

Be Jewelled

I reserve gold and diamond jewellery for formal and evening events. Otherwise it is silver and semiprecious jewellery. I love wearing big rings, dangling earrings and necklaces.

Treasure Tote

I have Ellen Tracy's smart day bag that holds lots of stuff as it's an important criterion for me. For evenings I prefer a Louis Vuitton clutch. I like picking up bags from the street of Soho in New York. I like the quirkiness about it.

War Paint

If not on shoots I use very little make-up. I use a good moisturizer everyday to keep my skin smooth. I also use a good cleansing lotion to remove my make up. And I keep my face oil free by washing it often with a good face wash. I like Estee Lauder's kohl and mascara, Chanel and Dior lip gloss as they suit my skin well.

Foot Loose

I wear shiny and jewelled shoes for the evenings and my favourite is Louis Vuitton's jewelled shoes. Among my daywear footwear I like Miu Miu, Cavalli, Bruno Magli, and grey Gucci high heel moccasin as it has platform from front and therefore super comfortable. I buy lots of boots thinking I'll wear them but none have been put to use.

Under Secrets

I have many brands in my wardrobe but it is a private affair.

Shopping Destination

I don't visit places just to shop. I travel for fun and love to explore the food, culture and shopping places. Europe is an excellent continent to shop. Be it Italy, Milan or Paris, they all have quirky boutiques and high streets as well. 7 Best Marg is a designer boutique in Mumbai I visit quite often simply because it is close to my home.

Brands I Long For In India

I don't really care if they come to India or not as I often travel abroad. Most of the cosmetic companies I wanted to be in India are already here and in apparel most of my regular wear clothes are from Indian designers.

No comments: