Monday, October 15, 2007

Indrani Dasgupta

Indrani Dasgupta shares her beauty and style secrets.

My morning beauty regimen:
After waking up I have at least three glasses of water. After this I wash my face with a strawberry face wash. If I have to go out I use Lakme's Magic Soufflé that hides my dark circles.


Favorite cosmetics
I'm quite a lip-obsessed person and in the evenings I enjoy using pink and red lipsticks. Super-lash enhancing mascara for longer lashes and kajal are my other favorites. For my cheeks, I usually opt for pink glows or I highlight the cheekbones in shades ranging from link pink to light brown.


My quick beauty tip
Make sure you invest your time and money in choosing the perfect concealer. I notice a lot of people including models use a wrong shade of concealer. Most skin blemishes can be fixed with the help of a right shade concealer. And the best way to blend in the foundation is with your fingers.

Must-haves in my handbag
I always carry my favourite strawberry flavoured lip balm. I also carry a mascara and a natural lip gloss. In winters, a purse-friendly size moisturizer is a must-have in my bag.

My wardrobe favorite

Is a Calvin Kelin jeans which is a great wear for all-seasons and all-occasions. During the day I typically wear Levis or Calvin Klein jeans with a t-shirt and keds (I enjoy buying keds in all colors). For evening partying, I opt for fitted off-shoulder tops in shades of black and whites, with heels and boots color coordinated with bags from Mango or Wills Sport.


Favorite Shopping Destinations
I enjoy shopping in South Extension in Delhi and for street shopping I visit Delhi's Sarojini Nagar. Among designers I love Rajesh Pratap's simple silhouettes and well-fitted pants and shirts. I also love the corsets and tops created by designer duo Gauri & Nainika.

My Exercise Regime
I'm not too much of an exercise freak and I usually visit the gym only around once a week. Sometimes I jog in the morning or do weights at home. I maintain my figure by watching my diet. I avoid oily, rich food and prefer eating at home, mostly vegetarian food, focussing more on fruits, vegetables and toned milk. I believe exercising is not for fighting the bulge alone but to feel good. And a good exercise routine of any kind, be it a workout, a jog or a sport can be a wonderful, healthy addiction.

No comments: