Friday, October 19, 2007

Hema Malini

Hema beauty secrets
All beautiful women have these beauty secrets in common - lots of water and Yoga. here are Hema Malini's beauty secrets.

Skin & Hair care

Beauty is god’s gift and one should never take it for granted. I use aroma oils for my skin. I also use ‘Clarins’ cleansing milk regularly. Drinking sufficient water also helps in hydrating the skin. I do the traditional hot oil massage for my hair twice a week. Coconut oil mixed with amla, tulsi, neem etc. makes for a good hair oil. Washing hair with shampoo and a good conditioner also keeps it healthy; I use L’Oreal hair products.

Fitness Mantra

Being physically fir is very important. I cycle in my house for 10-15 minutes a day. I do pranayam every morning for 45 minutes and yoga every alternate day. Yoga helps in toning, especially the waist area and is also good for toning the biceps and triceps.

Diet

I fast twice a week. My diet is strictly vegetarian. My lunch consists of two rotis, a bowl of dal, two vegetables and a little rice with rasam. I like to eat spicy food too. Everyday I have curd in the morning, which is good for my skin. Whenever I fast, I have paneer and eat a lot of fruits and dry fruits. I like ghee in my food but don’t have it everyday as it is fattening. I have to cups of green tea everyday. I don’t eat any junk.

You must be disciplined and your will power to control yourself is extremely important.
*
Hema Malini shares the secret behind her beauty !

"My skin is good because God made it so. I keep it very clean and free of make-up as much as possible. I visit the beautician often and let her take care of my skin. Farida, my beautician, makes this nourishing aroma oil for me, which is excellent. I use this on my face and even before applying make-up. I don't use foundations for the most part. I think the skin should be allowed to breathe naturally. I concentrate on the eyes and leave the skin alone. Sometimes, I use a light lipstick but that's all. Before sleeping, I apply my current favorite night cream, Aveda. When I do my own make-up, I only work on the eyes and use kaajal."

"I think your skin has a lot to do with your eating. I eat a lot of green vegetables and seldom eat out. I also eat my last meal before 8 p.m. and make sure I eat very little. This really helps your complexion. Not too much food or spices and very little oil. I'm a curd person and have it in liberal doses. I use the usual cosmetics."
*
Water is the secret of Hema Malini's beauty

Hema Malini, Bollywood's Dream Girl, Wednesday revealed the secret of her beauty - water.
"The secret of my beauty is water," Hema Malini told us. "I drink a lot of water."

The MP was in the capital to launch advertisement campaigns for a company's water purifier system featuring the actor and her daughters Ahana Deol and Esha Deol.

Hema Malini earlier told reporters: "I also do 'pranayam', yoga, stretching and exercise to stay fit. I also take lots of milk and milk products. In fact, all homemakers like me must dedicate at least one hour to themselves.

"I know all of them would instantly give an excuse that they do not get time. In that case they must get up one hour early and do yoga to avoid problems like joint pains.

"Also, women must set a target for themselves that they would not gain weight beyond a certain point. They must become a vegetarian but fast twice in a week. It helps one know the body better."

She spoke glowingly about her daughters.

"It was interesting to work with the kids (daughters). Although, we stay together at home, working collectively was great fun! I am looking forward to do more work with them."
*
Dancing, yoga secret of my fitness: Hema Malini
New Delhi, Feb 21 (IANS) She is 60 but can easily give the young brigade a run for their money. Bollywood diva Hema Malini says that the secret of her fitness and evergreen beauty is dancing as well as yoga.

"I love dancing and I can't live without it. For this I do at least two-three shows in a month and for each show I'm on the stage for minimum two hours. Each show requires rigorous rehearsals. So that's how I remain fit," the veteran actress said, sharing her fitness secrets.

"Apart from that I also do yoga and some exercises. You have to live a different kind of life; you have to sacrifice a lot of things. You cannot have things like tikki, jalebi and so on; you can see them but not eat them," Hema added.

The actress, who is hosting dance reality show "Dancing Queens", will next be seen in "Ek Rani Aisi Bhi Thi" directed by Gulbahar Singh. The film is based on the life of Vijayaraje Scindia, the erstwhile queen of Gwalior.

No comments: