Friday, October 19, 2007

Perizaad Zorabian

Perizaad's fitness mantra

Perizaad Zorabian,
Actress

My Workout Regimen:

I have a very very good trainer in Zarine Watson, she’s fantastic with training as well as training women who are post-pregnant.

She understands my body so well, and being a woman who’s been there and done that, she treated me well after I had a C-section. After my pregnancy I went on a Core Muscles strength programme. Before I started working out, after my C-section I was ten kilos heavier.

But from January till now, I managed to lose five kilos! I do a bit of kickboxing, Pilates, Ciabata and a whole new kind of exercise with gravity machines which are imported. I work out a minimum of three times a week. I’m also told that it’s important to rest the body in between workouts. I work out for one-and-a-half hours at a time.

My Daily Diet:

I don’t believe in trashy and fad diets. My food intake is balanced off with meals — small meals eaten throughout the day.

At this juncture I have to restrict my carbohydrate intake. In the morning, I have a bowl of oatmeal with skimmed milk and water and bit of raisins thrown in for sweetness. I don’t have any white refined sugar as that’s an anathema to me.

After I return from the gym, I have a slice of brown bread with three egg whites in an omelette form or in akuri. Egg whites can be bland, so it’s important to be versatile with egg whites. I have six small meals a day. Then I have a protein shake with fruit juice. In the afternoon it’s one dal, one subzi and a nachni roti. This accompanies a salad with a piece of fish or a piece of chicken.

I eat everything but the portions are smaller. In the evening, I have some high-fibre crackers with a few chicken cold cuts placed on it or some kind of egg on it. For dinner, which is early, I’ll have a soup, salad and a piece of chicken or fish. This frequent eating keeps up my metabolic rate.

My Happiness Quotient:

My baby! My five-month old baby and how we are as a unit and as a family is completely the highlight of my day. She always wakes up before me and she plays in her cot by herself till I wake up. The smile I get from her every morning when I wake up and look at her. That keeps me happy. I can never feel down when I have her around.

No comments: