Sunday, October 21, 2007

Tulip Joshi

Actress Tulip Joshi is a fitness freak.

Wanna know the secret behind Tulip Joshi's stunning figure? Well the enchantress makes sure she does 50 'surya namaskars' if she fails to hit the gym. "I think surya namaskar is ultimate, it works wonders for your body. Besides if you can't make it to the gym or if it's too far, this is just the right option," explains Tulip.

Does she also follow a rigorous exercise regime? "I do frequent the gym and do a little bit of everything including cardio, weights and stretches. I think cardio is very important for the heart and also helps in burning calories."

"You should do things that suit your body. Also, I keep changing my diet. I believe one should have light food every few hours. Working out keeps me fit and rejuvenated mentally and physically," she wraps up.

*
It’s all about the ‘feel good factor’
Tulip Joshi, Actress

My workout regimen

I work out 6 days a week for an hour each day. I do cardio 3 times a week and do around 100 crunches.

I work out a lot on my abs as well. I also love running for miles either on the treadmill or along the beach. I work out for the ‘feel good factor’. Running for me is a form of meditation, which helps me control the mind.

One must be comfortable in his or her body and skin. A controlled diet and adequate exercise makes you very confident, energetic and brings a positive approach towards life. One must not blindly follow trends but do what suits you and keeps you happy! I also do yoga three times a week.

My diet regime

I go through different phases, nothing is permanent for me. I keep altering my diet according to the season so that the body doesn’t stagnate.

At the moment, my diet is to eat everything in moderation and I am a nutritionist as well so I have a fair amount of scientific knowledge of what’s good and what’s bad. Fibre and green vegetables are every important for me and so is protein in moderation. My diet mostly includes:

Breakfast: Eggs – boiled/omelette with the yolk and fruits – be it oranges, bananas, papayas or any seasonal fruit. And sometimes fruit yogurt as well.

Lunch: An omelette of eggs with chicken tikka or tuna or any other meat (even tinned luncheon meat at times)

Mid meals: Fruits, fruit juices, (berries are my favourite), nuts like almonds, peanuts, walnuts, hazelnuts (which is excellent for the skin).

Dinner: It consists mainly of tandoori chicken/fish-salmon, prawns/grilled chicken and curds topped with red wine, sometimes!

My happiness quotient

My loved ones, family, friends, work, a good film and my music! Music for me is as important if not more than food, it can put me in a trance.

It can change my frame of mind. I simply love music. I have a collection of over 5,000 songs. Work also gives me great joy as I can also detach from things and can stay calm and meditate at the most crowded places, or the most complicated of situations, so work for me is nothing but joy, not much of a stress.

I love massages – they are one of the best ways to de-stress. I can take them for three hours non-stop! Also, coming home to your family and loved ones can erase any bad memories of the day you have had.

No comments: