Sunday, October 21, 2007

Urmila Matondkar

Urmila Matondkar's fitness secrets

Health and fitness is not new to Bollywood superstars and this time to unveil her mantra of healthy living was Bollywood damsel Urmila Mantondkar. Matondkar was in Pune for the inauguration of Slim Instant obesity centre —a health clinic — where she refused to speak on anything but the subject at hand.

"Gone are those days when looking good was a prerogative of an actress only. Nowadays every woman wants to look beautiful," said the star as she espoused on the importance of good health.

Ask her about her diet and the reply is instant. "I am a Maharashtrian and believe that home-made food is the best way to keep healthy. Though erratic working hours and busy shooting schedules make it difficult for me to follow a particular routine, I make it a point that whenever I am at home, I eat home-cooked food, and exercise regularly," said Matondkar.

So is dieting a much hyped-up concept? “Well you don't need to talk about diet so much, just eat on time and follow a regular exercise pattern, and you will be fit. What is important is to have healthy and nutritious food. In fact I would like to add one more thing- looking attractive and being slim are two different things. Being attractive has more to do with attitude than your looks," she advises.

The Rangeela girl has been out of sight for quite some time from the big screen, but the small screen has been luckier. Matondkar has recently been seen as the judge for a reality show. "What makes this show different is the fact that contrary to individual contestants, the entire family will be participating in the show making it a must-watch for the viewers of all age groups," she said of her tele appearance.

The actor has been a frequent visitor to Pune and says she enjoys coming to Pune. "I love the historic charm of the city. Every time I come to Pune I make it a point to visit Shaniwarwada. But looking at the way the city is growing I am afraid it will very soon be a metropolis and will lose its identity. From being a quiet place its fast becoming as chaotic as Mumbai," she sighed.

What's Urmila's Secret for a Healthy Mind & Body?

"Give up red meat. Seafood is the best option."

What's the Secret of Urmila Matondkar's Glowing Skin?

"I don’t do a regular workout and am a complete foodie, but I try to maintain balance. I don’t party or drink."

No comments: