Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sonalika Sahay

Beauty Buzz With Model Sonalika Sahay

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Career highlights: I've shot with fashion designers such as Ritu Kumar, Ravi Bajaj, JJ Valaya and Sunit Verma. I've also done the Maruti Esteem commercial and several print ads.
I kickstart my day with a glass of warm water spiked with honey and lemon, followed by five almonds soaked overnight. I love to eat a lavish breakfast of wholewheat bread and cheese, juice, cereal, sprouts or fresh fruit.
One beauty rule I always follow is to keep my skin clean. This is especially vital for me because I spend a lot of time under harsh studio lights, which stresses the skin out.
My skin loves good quality moisturisers from brands such as Clarins, and loads of water. I have dry skin; keeping it hydrated is essential for me.
My hair loves : L'Oréal products and Nova Mousse. I have curly hair so I have to be very gentle with it.I brush my hair only while conditioning, and then just let it dry naturally.
My beauty routine: I clean my face morning and evening, and regularly use moisturiser, gel and night cream. beauty
My fitness mantra: Make a trip to the gym at least four times a week. On each visit, I do about one-and-a-half hours of cardio, weights and aerobics.
I pamper my eyes with Clarins gel! I take care to remove eye make-up very gently, because that's the most delicate part of the face.
Pre-party quick-fix: Minimum make-up, lots of mascara. If I'm having a bad hair day, I tie a headband or scrunch up my hair into a neat pony.
Best beauty advice: Beauty comes from within, but it is equally important to care for your skin so that you glow from the outside in, too!

Sonalika's fitness and skincare tips
Sita Menon April 23, 2005


She is a Gemini. She stands 5 feet 10.5 inches tall.

And she was the Dior Sensation Of The Year at the Lakme India Fashion Week 2004.

After all, she has a face that is versatile enough to work with any look.

Meet Sonalika Sahay.

Sonalika is very particular about her skincare and makeup routine.

Here are her pointers:

1. If you are in the modeling business, wash and condition your hair at the end of each day. Condition it for half an hour. And wash off with cold water.

I use L'Oreal's VIVE Colour-Care Conditioner since I have coloured hair.

2. You must moisturise your skin. Use any good moisturiser. It is extremely important.

3. Drink lots of water. I can't emphasise it enough.

4. I also use under-eye gel at night, because I am under these strong lights all the time and they can age you soon.

Fitness and diet pointers:

1. Work out five days a week. Your exercise routine should be a mix of cardio and light weights.

2. Make sure you get your protein every day in your diet.

I am a vegetarian and so I make sure I have dal, sprouts and cottage cheese in my diet.

No comments: