Bridal beauty tips
Start doing this minimum 2 months before your wedding.
The biggest tip I have to give for any bride is drink loads and loads of water and keep your stress level minimum. No beauty treatment will work if you don’t drink enough water or you are highly stressed.
Remember to choose your wedding makeup/hair style so that it looks good in photos too. Please, please have a trial makeup/hairstyle session before your wedding. Learn to pose for the camera and smile confidently.
Skin care tips
• Drink 10 glasses of water everyday
• Eat 3-4 oranges every day. This will give you your daily doze of vitamin C essential for healthy skin
• Cleanse, Tone and moisturize once in the morning and once at night
• Apply sunscreen of spf 15 or higher everyday 20 minutes before getting out in the sun
• Carry an umbrella and use it as a sunshade
• Exfoliate twice a week followed by face mask suited to your skin tone
• If you can afford going to the beauty parlor, get a facial done once a month
• Apply ubtan twice a week
• Do some kind of exercise 20 minutes everyday
• Keep stress level at minimum, You stress and your skin will have acne and blackheads
• Get your last facial done 4-5 days before your wedding day
Hair care tips
• Do the hot oil treatment twice a week
• Apply henna to your scalp thrice a month
• If you can afford going to the parlor, get a hot oil massage to your head
Body Care tips
• Moisturize your entire body to keep it soft
• Apply sunscreen to all exposed body parts
• If you are planning on bleaching your face, your neck and back too to get the same even skin tone
• Apply ubtan twice a week to your body
• Don’t apply too much of makeup for your wedding. Keep it natural and safe.
• Indian brides generally stick to red/brown lipstick, peach eye shadow and blush.
• For night time functions, add a bit of shimmer to your makeup
• Get a trial makeup and hair session before the D day. Click a photo of this and make sure the makeup and hair style you chose looks good in photos too
• Apply foundation that perfectly matches your skin tone. Dab a bit of foundation and powder to your neck back and hands too.
• Use water proof makeup.
• The makeup you choose should have a matte finish and should not look greasy or dry.
• Practice posing for the photos. Your smile should look natural .
• On the day of the wedding, apply a good deodorant/mild perfume
This ubtan can be used for cooling the body. Very good for skin with acne/blachead/whitehead. A bride to be can use this treatment everyday starting 30 days prior to her marriage
-3 teaspoon chickpea fluor
-1/4 spoon turmeric powder
-2 teaspoon sandalwood powder
-1 teaspoon neem powder
-2 teaspoon ground cucumber
Rub the mixture onto face with gentle circular motion for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
For a bride to be, you can do this daily starting 1 month before the wedding. You are sure to see the skin glow.