Sunday, August 17, 2008

Anushka Sharma

Beauty tips from Anushka Sharma
Rediff.com's Rajesh Karkera caught up with model Anushka Sharma on the sidelines of LFW. Here she shares some beauty tips and her views about applying make up and the media:

Beauty secret for great skin:
AS: I am blessed with very good skin. But because of the damage from all the make up we apply and pollution I wash my face regularly. I drink lots of water and try to be happy.

How does she take care of her skin:
AS: Once in a while I apply some refreshing Neem packs which detoixifies the skin.

Hair tips:
AS: My hair is quite healthy. Since I have a contract with Sunsilk they do all the protein treatments for me. The hair pack that they apply makes my hair healthy.

What do you do when you are not modelling?:
AS: I meet up with my friends; catch up on sleep. I love reading. I'm doing my majors in economics through correspondence because of the lack of time.

Memories of her first walk on the ramp:
AS: That was long time back when I was only 15. I was told that I should walk just like I walk on the streets and that's exactly what I did. Trust me it was really bad.

But it was a great learning experience for me. I was very very very nervous; I started watching fashion shows and reading on fashion. Then I got really involved in it. And with the help of the models who taught me here I am. Now I think I can walk well on the ramp.


The not-so-good things about being a model:
AS: The hours. You have to wake up early and go to sleep at an unearthly hour. And the make up that they splash on us really makes us feel not normal. Then again there's no specific time for meals and it doesn't matter if we have a bad back or a stomach pain. If we're here, we have to walk.

What I think of the media?:
AS: The media can make or break a person. At times they go a bit further then they should. Just in the name of TRP's and sensational news. So I think that's wrong. But at the same time they are quite responsible also and because of them people come forward and voice their opinions.

No comments: